Saturday 5 November 2011

A Mini-Album

I think I mentioned that DS had chosen to go for a day out at "Go Ape", for his birthday this year?  Anyway, that is what he did; his friend and DH went round the course with him.  I was allowed in as a spectator and I took over 100 photos!  They had a training session, then went round the rest of the course.  Overall, from start of the training, to the final loooooong zip-wire, it took us 3 hours to go round.  It was brilliant fun and the boys had a great time.
This weekend, it's J's friend's birthday.  Today he has been invited to go and join his friend for his own birthday treat - they are going "skydiving" at a local centre, where they have a large, vertical wind tunnel.  I don't think that activity lasts 3 hours though - probably more like 3 minutes I'm afraid, but I hope they are going to have fun.
Meanwhile, as a little gift, I have made this mini-album for J's friend:
The book is made with Kraft cardstock and double-sided papers by American Crafts.  The letters are by Papermania and MLS. 
J. took part in the choosing of the materials and embellishments.  He wrote this journalling panel.  Under the journalling panel and the kraft tree, there are magnets, which fasten the flap.








The back cover, which wraps round to make the front flap, has sparkly lines on it.  DS thought that they were not "girly", as the colours of the stripes are quite strong.  So that was alright then... !
You may notice the arrow has "pull me" written on it. The green-striped paper is attached to a piece of kraft cardstock, which pulls out from under the photo.  It has a message from J. to his friend, about the fun they had.  J is really pleased with this book and I'm sure it will please his friend (and parents) too.  In fact, I'm rather pleased with it myself!

I also made a 12" Page today.  But I can't show it to you. It's a Secret.  If you want to know why, go and look here!

10 comments:

  1. Love this mini, Lizzie!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mini - he's sure to love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely and thoughtful gift Lizzie, on your behalf and also on J's behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mini-album! I'm still thinking about a mini for my son's last summer of all star b/c I have soooo darn many photos.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never do go ape but would love to take the photos! Lovely book and a great way to remember a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Go Ape with Gracia and Josh and David took the photos - I absolutely loved it. Super mini to record the event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is adorable. I love mini albums....not that I make them. I should.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great mini, looks like they had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Lizzie, Go Ape looks really good fun (but of course in the interest of memory keeping I would have to stay on the ground and take photos, LOL!). What a lovely idea to make a mini as a gift for J's friend, I am sure he will be delighted with it! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...