Wednesday 30 May 2012

Wednesday Worktable - Books and more Books! - 30th May 2012

Just a very quick post, to show you some of what's keeping me away from my blog! 

Today, on my table:

The pile at the back is parts of two Recipe Books that I'm making for Sami.  The front pile are three sets of book covers, just out from drying under weights.  Part of the ten or so books I have on the go just now! 

Looking at this, there does seem to be a bit of a turquoise and yellow theme... However, the book at the bottom is a cream paper, with sparkly floral trees and a lilac silk edging.   There will be a yellow ribbon in the binding though!  The other books are all different colours, so once this batch is done, there won't be any yellow or blue for a bit... 

If you take a trip over to Julia's Blog, you'll find links to lots of other blogger's record of their workdesk today.

16 comments:

  1. So many books you are working on at the same time. I so want to do a Recipe book one day. thanks for sharing and happy crafting.

    Eliza #140
    http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all these color combinations here... #125

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those yellows and blues are very nice and seem a bit different for you. More modern, I think.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is sooooo tidy and neat and I love the papers - thanks for letting us have a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and patterns Lizzie. Very summery:) Nice to see you on woyww xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy woyww. the book covers are looking good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks like you have the beginnings of lots of lovely volumes there. I will look forward to seeing the finished products. Don't you just love how yellow always seems happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loads going on - quite a production line! The colours are great, I love them. Happy WOYWW, Helen, 8

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love the patterns you choose Lizzie..and these are no exception!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy WOYWW Anniversary!! What a busy desk, ten books at once, I'm great at starting projects, finishing not so much. Have a great day, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, not quite ten at once, Laura... I do covers in batches of three or more and often cut the pages in batches too; but I'm not working on every book at the same time! Just now I'm binding a Wedding Guest book and assembling parts of a pair of recipe books. Then, next week I'll be binding a Baby Album... Then on to the next lot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your paper choice for your recipes books are wonderful..Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a neat project! Valerie #174

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, those colours are gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing and happy WOYWW anniversary!

    Ali #86

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was great to meet you at the book binding yesterday. From your blog you look to be one very busy creative person, hope you don't mind if I follow you! I especially love all the colour combinations in this post. Beautiful choices!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...