Thursday 16 February 2012

Three Photo Albums for Tudor Rose

So, besides writing blog posts about my trip to Cascada Studio in Mijas, what have I been doing?  Of course, there's always housework and laundry...  but I have been busy in my own studio since my return. 

I am scheduled to teach a workshop day at Tudor Rose on 5th May.  This time, we'll be making Photograph Albums, using a traditional screw-post or cord binding.  I had to make some display samples, which are now finished and were delivered to the shop before lunch-time today. 

A photo album or scrapbook, covered with silver cardstock and pink felt.  This has silver and white cardstock pages.  The felt cover is embellished with glitter (Stickles) and the book is bound with a double ribbon tie, with a pink tassel embellishment.

A small photo album, which holds one 6 x 4.5" photo per page.  It has a front cover of 100% cotton bookcloth, with a William Morris Irises design print. The cover edges are trimmed with a cotton bookcloth, in a fabric called "Oakshot" - woven with yellow threads one way and deep red the other.   The back cover and linings are of Canford paper, in "Ocean" blue.  The pages inside are in matching Canford card.  The binding is made with two brass screw-posts.

Lastly, I made a large photograph album.  I has covers of cotton bookcloth, with a Beatrix Potter illustrations design, printed in blue.  The edges of the covers are in a beautiful powder blue dupion silk fabric, with a nice frayed edge detail.  The covers are lined with cornflower blue Murano art paper.  The pages are of Canford card, in a pale blue colour.  Each page will hold one or two 6 x 4.5" photos.
The binding is made with a stiff organza woven ribbon, in white. 

The books are displayed in the shop and will soon have a very nice label to draw attention to the course. Hopefully, the samples will catch peoples' eyes and encourage a few sign-ups for our workshop day! 

If you happen to live in the area (near Bedford) and would like to come along, go here for more details:  Tudor Rose Workshop

And, in case you missed any (and are interested!), here is the list of my Andalucian posts to date:


I plan another post soon, about the process of creating my Spanish Lemons print edition.
Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. ooh Beatrix Potter paper..............do they do one with the Flopsy bunnies on? I love some of that paper,
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! I'm sure you will attract lots of people to your class.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice photo albums! Thanks for visiting my blog today. The ribbon hangers are eazy! They are curtian rods I picked up at IKEA for $4.99 each and they hold a lot of ribbon. One problem I have found with these is that I always run out of the ribbon in the middle first and have to take all the outside rolls off first!!! Hope you became a follower so your comment counts towards the drawing. I am giving away 3 or more prizes and I would hate for you to lose a chance. Thanks for dropping by! Vickie aka okienurse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jo, it's fabric, not paper and I think there may be Flopsie Bunnies on there somewhere... Lovely, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful Lizzie...I would be very tempted to come to your class if I lived near Bedford!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How close are you to Mijas, Alison? I may be back there in October, to teach some bookbinding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful albums! Especially like the little pink tassel :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely albums! Sounds like a great class, which we had stuff like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The albums are gorgeous - all of them
    I oohed and aahed over them all, especially the Willaim Morris album as I love his prints but then I saw the Beatrix Potter which is just stunning

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...