This is what I did:
Working on the design of my first print. The areas I wanted to keep are shaded in red pen.
Starting to cut the first plate...
Mariann inks up the little plate, for an experiment.
The middle was inked in purple, after rolling red ink over the whole plate.
By this point, I had decided I didn't like the large expanse of flat background, so I cut out the heart, to make a shaped plate for printing. We all agreed that the red/purple experiment didn't look right. In the end, I decided to print the design in the purple that we'd used for the middle.
This is what the final version was like. I don't have the card handy though - DH has it just now!
And I also made a second card, for a certain Boy, who always expects to have one of his own!
A little "guitar", all inked up for a test print.
Testing the plate.
The finished card!