Friday 17 July 2015

Wednesday Worktable - Wednesday 15th July - Little Notebooks

This is my contribution to WOYWW (What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday), over at JuliaDunnit's Blog. Each Wednesday, Julia invites fellow crafters and bloggers to show a photo or two of their worktables, and explain what they've been doing.

I am late in posting again (!), though this is what was going on on Wednesday! 


Notebook-filled Table! 
I'm making little 6"x 4" notebooks just now, with little windows in the covers, through which you get a glimpse of the design on a decorative end-sheet inside...  


Four floral notebooks, with lined pages.  All cut and ready to be hand sewn with linen thread. 
Three woodland-themed notebooks.  I've made (and sold) quite a few of these recently. This batch are a bit more experimental than before - I've tried changing the position of the window and showing two creatures peeping out from either side, and also making a larger, rectangular window, with a bigger view of the wood and a fox.  I think they look nice.  There is plain, cream paper inside these books.


Finally, two little dogs - a Scottie and a Westie - cute little partners!  I'm going to bind these with red thread, for a nice colourful pop.  I think I may also add a little Scottish touch, with some tartan ribbon.  These books also have ivory paper inside, printed with lines in grey.  Very nice (but then, I'm biassed!). 

* * *


Thanks for dropping by to see what I'm doing.  I hope you like the notebooks-in-progress. They'll soon be finished. 
 
I hope you'll come back and visit again soon. When you've finished browsing around on my blog, do return to Julia's Stamping Ground, to see what's going on elsewhere this week. 

5 comments:

  1. I Lizzie, these are so sweet and will make great gifts. Happy crafting and wishing you a good woyww, Angela x 30

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handmade notebooks are so cute, especially the ones with the little Scotch Terriers. They would make a great gift as well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such gorgeous little notebooks. Sorry I have taken ages to get around and say hello.
    sandra de @55

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely, Lizzie! So unusual, and I love how there's a common theme with the plain cover and the window, and the variation being what you see through the window. They make a lovely set! Are you making them for sale, or are they for gifts? Either way, I am sure they will go down very well.

    Thank you for your two lovely comments on my blog, and for having a good look around! If you follow the link to my recycled mini album on the faux leather masterboard post, you can see what the faux leather looks like as a book cover. Sheena Douglass has done some gorgeous little mini-notebooks using faux leather for the covers and she embossed hers. Keep an eye on my blog because I'm hoping to get the faux leather painted in the next couple of days and then you'll see the real "leather look"! So glad you like the masterboard idea - I learnt it from Angela Radford who's a past master at masterboards lol!

    Thank you so much for your good wishes for my chemo. You are right - next treatment this Friday. I'm desperately trying to get lots done before I feel too poorly again! At least this coming one will be the half way mark which is quite a milestone!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #52

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the delighted owner of a couple of these, I can attest to their gorgeousness. And the lovely quality of the paper makes them a joy to write in.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...