April is here... we are 1/4 of the way through the year and it's still freezing (ha ha!). Looking forward to Easter and maybe a little more sunshine soon. I hope everyone survived April Fool's Day in one piece!
Well, here's a challenge! I found this on Jo's blog (from Sian and various others too!). Thought I'd have a go... mind you many things are more likely for those who live in USA, as the distance from here is a bit prohibitive!
The things I have managed to do are in Blue.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to DisneyWorld - well Disneyland Paris.
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped (not likely!!)
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - bookbinding (still learning!!)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train - several on a trip round Scandinavia
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb and fed it!
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run (what is a home run?)
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community (well now, we don't have many of those in the UK or Europe!)
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started your own business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - do Scouts' Hot Dogs count - we don't have Girl Scout Cookies here!
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason - well there is always a reason, but it was no special event
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check - a zillion years ago when I was a poor student!
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt - well I made a crochet bed-spread!
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job - made redundant (along with all part-time staff in our office...hmm...)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - but I'm working on it!
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car - yay! last year at Christmas!
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - I was 11 years old..
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox - when I was 23 - I was sooo ill!
89. Saved someone’s life - I think so, as I gave first aid etc90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee - does a wasp count - one hid in my slipper last year... owwwww!
Hmm, that's 37 out of 99.. not bad, but maybe it's time I was more adventurous!
Lastly, I wanted to post some pictures of this layout I made yesterday evening. This is the first scrap layout I have made in ages - I've been too busy with so many other things!
In March I joined in Shimelle's Something from almost Nothing course, but only managed to make some essential greetings cards. This layout has made a bit more of a dent in my scrap stash!
find Megan and Jake's Blog here
the title is a mix of mini-letter stickers, felt alphas and foam letters
A pocket to hold the lovely message card that Megan and Jake sent with the parcel.