Wednesday 25 November 2015

Wednesday Worktable - Wednesday 25th November - Rainbow Houses and Felty Books

Good Morning All!  A contribution to Julia's WOYWW (What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday), at her Julia-Dunnit Blog.  I try to join in as often as I can and I really enjoy seeing what everyone else is up to - especially at this time of year, when desks start to look quite exciting!

So, first of all... I Finished the Bunting:
Here are the little houses, on two strings.  Not quite on my desk, but several of you did ask to see the finished buntings.  I won't bore you with more photos, but if you really want to see more, there is a little photo album on my Facebook page, which you are more than welcome to view - see it here!  

And on my desk?

This green felt journal was finished over the weekend.  It's made of lovely soft wool felt, lined with a holly-sprinkled cotton fabric, with golden highlights.  I embroidered the cover with red, green and gold, to make it extra pretty, then bound it with black linen thread and added a fine red satin ribbon tie.

Inside, you can see the fabric lining.  The pages are made with hand made Indian cotton-rag paper. The edges have their natural deckle, from the moulds in which each sheet is made.  

It's really nice paper, with a texture from the fine mesh that each sheet lies on as it is made in the frame. The cotton paper pulp is lifted out of the vat with a frame, over which a mesh is stretched.  It is shaken to form a layer - or sheet - and most of the water drained off.  Then it is tipped out to dry in the sunshine! 

Anyway, paper-making lesson over... I also made this, which I finished today:

A soft blue felt journal, with white and gold embroidery.  Decorated with a white felt snowflake.  I added a gold organza ribbon tie, which is nice and shimmery.  It is bound in longstitch, with ivory linen.  

The journal is lined with this fab snowman printed cotton fabric, with golden highlights.  Very Seasonal! 
The book is my favourite cream laid "Character" paper, with nice hand-cut edges.  This is such lovely paper - crisp and really good to write on. 


Thank you for coming to see what I've been doing.  I also have a photo album and some leather journal covers on the go... but I forgot to photograph them!  I'll post about them soon, so feel free to come back later in the week and see what else is going on.

Why not pop back to Julia's Blog and have a look at what else is happening this week?

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous journals Lizzie! I'm following your FB page! Thanks for visiting earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunting is lovely thanks for sharing it. I am a sucker for christmas fabric. I love the colours you have used for binding the journals.
    Have a great week.
    Lizzie J #30

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journals are lovely. I really like the snowman print. And I love the distressed edges of the green felt journal - very eclectic. April #38

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lizzie thanks so much for your lovely comments. I am in awe of your gorgeous journals and the bunting is too sweet. Have a lovely week.
    sandra de @12

    ReplyDelete
  5. That house garland is so sweet. I also LOVE all your handmade journals, especially the one in blue felt. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gorgeous makes! Take care Zo xx 33

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your book covers are so cute in that fabric :)
    Cute house bunting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated WOYWW...I missed getting over last week. I love your journals! The green one is so eye-catching! Thanks for visiting last week! Have a great one.
    -K #45 (week #338)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bunting is darling. I love it! Also love the journal books. Awww Hope you had a lovely Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...