So far, this Green and Ivory Silk Wedding Album with a Coptic Stitch Binding looks pretty okay:
Two-sheet section. The book has 10 of these. There are only 2 sheets per section because the pages are heavy weight printmaking paper, which is stiff and thick. The folded bits are spacers, to allow the book to expand a little, if little souvenirs are stuck inside (like photos or tags with greetings on etc). The pages measure 10" x 8".
One of the two covered boards, ready to be attached to the book. The covers are of ivory silk satin and moss green silk dupion (a slubby mid-weight silk fabric). They are lined with some ivory damask-effect paper.
There is a slight "lip" round the edge of the covers, to make the book neat and easy to open, so the boards are a tiny bit bigger than 10" x 8".
The covers were punched with the six holes for the binding. I then added the green silk edge and used an awl to make little holes in this, so I knew where to push the needle through. If you look closely, you can see the teeny holes.
Each of the six sets of holes needs to be stitched. I used Coptic Stitch. See the Six threads - all at once!
This is a Six Needle Coptic Binding!
Here's my needle-holder, that keeps them all in order.
So, I add each Section, on top of the previous one...
Each thread is stitched through the new section, in, then out of a pair of holes, then the needle is tucked under the stitch below it...
... and the thread looped round and tightened, to form a Kettle Stitch.
Someone loves the sunshine...