I found some fun fabric in the local sewing and patchwork supplies shop. They stock a wide range of fabrics, mostly cottons (but also linens, silks and other stuff) mainly for quilting/patchwork. I often go there and buy fabric and other stitching supplies; of course, the occasional impulse buy occurs. This particular fabric is a cotton, printed with a design of vintage tea cups & saucers. I just thought it would make a great book, so I bought a fat quarter and popped it on top of my fabrics box. This evening, while digging around for ideas for a little project, the fabric fell down and I scooped it up. Just what I wanted!
This is what I made (photos are not great, as they had to be taken with artificial lighting):
A Cup of Tea notebook!
These are the front and back covers - each is different. Don't you love this fabric?
It has a silk-wrapped edge and I have attached the covers and pages with a hybrid of a Coptic stitched binding and a traditional longstitch. I used ivory linen thread and I think it looks very effective against the soft green silk.
The covers are lined with strawberry red art paper, to match the red in the cover fabric. The mossy green of the silk is the same as the green teacup on the covers too.
It has forty pages of my favourite cream coloured text paper. I had cut and folded these pages last week, so I needed a project for them.
Overall, I think it worked out very nicely.
When the sun is out tomorrow (ever hopeful!), I will take some better photos and put this in my shop, for sale. It was made as just a bit of fun, but I hope my evening's work will make someone smile. I hope someone else likes it as much as I do!