Friday 27 March 2015

Wednesday Worktable - Wednesday 25th March 2015 - Late Again!

This is my contribution to WOYWW (What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday), over at JuliaDunnit's Blog. Each Wednesday, Julia invites fellow crafters and bloggers to show a photo or two of their worktables, and explain what they've been doing. 

Okay, so it's Friday again... and I'm only just doing my post for WOYWW.  Sorry, but you know, Life keeps on happening!

My desk had some experiments on it this week:


Embossed pieces of leather, with some painting in gold and silver.
The leather is cut out, ready to make some of these:



A Leather Business Card Holder, that I made for myself.  Someone asked me to make one for her, so I've been busy cutting, embossing with my little letterpress system and experimenting with gold and silver decoration.  

I tried some gold / silver leafing, but I'm not good enough at it yet, so I opted for carefully painting the embossed design instead.  It looks quite nice.

I have various sheets of paper on the table, waiting for me to decide which to use for the lining papers.  It's a fun project and a bit different to book binding - a nice change! 

* * *

That's my contribution to the WOYWW Story this week - thanks for reading.  

Why not pop over to Julia's Stamping Ground and see what else is going on in the crafting world?


3 comments:

  1. They look lovely, so sophisticated x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gold on black is most impressive. I admire how you keep your creativity flowing despite all the other pressures in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that is gorgeous Lizzie, I do love the bee paper on the back of the business cards holder. I am really impressed with the gold painting, I'd make a right old mess. Can't wait to see more of the work you're doing. You are so very clever
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...