Monday 2 November 2009

My First Blog Post!

Okay, so for many people, a blog is something they have "always" had. I am not one of those many!

This is not my first attempt at a blog - I did have one on a certain US market site, but they did not accept sellers / buyers from outside USA (could not process their money). I soon stopped blogging there, as there was really no point... I have "been meaning to" have a "real blog" for a long while, but never got round to it - the age-old story! 

Shimelle was offering this "Blogging for Scrapbookers" course - it seemed an opportunity I must not miss.  After all, the New (academic) Year began in September and I made a New Year's Resolution to make the most of opportunities. 

I started this by following up a request for submissions to a certain popular scrapbooking magazine.  Worked my fingers off all afternoon and evening, for a midnight deadline (photo in the mailbox by midnight). Produced the layout, took the photos in the kitchen at 9:30pm and posted them off to the mailbox.  Result! I was asked to send in the layout for publication and was offered a small fee for my trouble.  One tiny step closer to my ambition to be on a magazine or website design team!  Publication is not due just yet and I can't post a picture here until afterwards - sorry people!

So, you see, I had to sign up for this course!! I had already signed up for "Learn Something New Every Day", which ran throughout September.  Have to admit that I didn't finish all the pages of my book... September was rather a nightmare, with just about everything conspiring to rob me of my spare time. However, I did learn stuff and I have all the prompts - nothing to stop me finishing the book later, or just starting over on another month! 

What a lot of waffle... I am not used to this Blogging stuff. I don't even know if I have anything interesting to say. I suppose we all find our own thoughts more or less interesting... no-one is boring all the time and some people have the knack for not only being not-boring, but even being interesting!  I don't know whereabouts I would fall on the boring vs interesting line, but I will try. 

This is just a sort of "thought-splurge".  I will try to make my future blogs "about something", in the hopes that they will have something to interest others.    

Signing off from my First Blog Post,

Lizzie
xx

2 comments:

  1. You'll never be boring, Lizzie...so not to worry :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue, it's nice to have a vote of confidence! Come back soon. x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...