Monday 16 November 2009

Today We Made...

Well, J has just come home from school, with his Design Technology project.  Goodness knows how it wasn't blown to pieces on the way, but it's still in one rather impressive piece!

It is a Marble Run



It really works and it's rather good!

Just at this moment, I can hear J singing to himself, as he rolls marbles down his new model, one after another.  He's quite proud of it, and I think he should be!

While we're on the subject of making stuff, I made this today





It's a Christmas accordian album.  The papers are from the White Out range, by We R Memory Keepers.  The cover paper is embossed and flocked, which gives it a lovely soft, furry feel.  The back is an accordian or fan, which allows the book to open out flat and gives room for expansion when embellishments are added to the pages.  I have made a ribbon fastener, which allows the accordian to expand properly. The photos don't show the colours very well - the light is awful today, but I'm pleased with it.

This one is a gift, but I'm making more for my shop, very soon!  I sold one recently, as part of a Christmas Scrapping Kit that I made, so I think they may sell well.  Your opinions would be welcomed though. 

10 comments:

  1. I can see it being a big seller! That marble run is amazing..I'm going to show my kids because I know it will impress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, wow the marble run looks so cool. Thanks so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog! Yeah the back is loads better thanks. It's so sweet of you to read my posts. To be honest I sometimes just need to express myself and never really throught anyone would look at what I said! Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thanks again, the journaling just talks about how we went out for this walk and i asked my brother to look up. He really wasn't in a happy mood so this is the face he pulled. It just had to be scrapped! On the layout I tell him that he will find it funny one day! ha ha! How long have you been scrapping for? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzie,
    Loving the marble action....creative children too! Also adore the lovely book and your etsy site. So much have put you a link from my latest blog

    http://curlyscrapbooker.blogspot.com/2009/11/big-kisses-xxxxxxx.html

    Jo xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog Lizzie! The album looks adorable! I love flocked paper! And this marble run - amazing! Hed did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://curlyscrapbooker.blogspot.com/2009/11/ott.html

    an award for you,
    jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one awesome marbble run, and I love your minibooks . . .
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, everyone, for your lovely comments. J was so impressed to be on my blog. I will show him the appreciation his hard work has got him!

    Jo, thanks for the OTT! I'm a bit unsure how it works (put a message on your blog post too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cool looking marble run! Your book also looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...